Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 3 whole(s) eggs
- 3/8 cup(s) 2% milk
- 3 tablespoon(s) butter
- 1 whole(s) onion sliced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) Emmentaler cheese shredded
- 1. Sift together flour, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Beat eggs in a medium bowl. Alternately mix in milk and the flour mixture until smooth. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Press batter through a spaetzle press into the water. You may also use a potato ricer, colander, or a cheese grater. When the spaetzle has floated to the top of the water, remove it to a bowl with a slotted spoon. Mix in 1 cup of the cheese.
- 3. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, and cook until golden. Stir in spaetzle and remaining cheese until well blended. Remove from heat, and serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by vermit and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Kaese Spaetzle Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes