More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 112
- Calories from fat: 13%
- Protein: 2.5g
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrate: 25g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Sodium: 40mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 1/2 pounds Kabocha or butternut squash
- 1 onion (8 oz.), peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups vegetable or fat-skimmed chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Rinse squash and cut in half lengthwise (if necessary, use a mallet to gently pound knife through squash). Scoop out seeds and discard; with a small, sharp knife, pare peel and discard. Cut squash into 1-inch chunks; you should have about 4 cups.
- 2. In a 3- to 4-quart nonstick pan over medium-high heat, stir onion and ginger in olive oil until onion is very limp, 8 to 10 minutes. Add cumin and curry powder; stir until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add 1 3/4 cups broth and the squash; bring to a boil, then cover, reduce heat, and simmer until squash is tender when pierced, 18 to 20 minutes.
- 3. In a blender or food processor, holding down lid with a towel, whirl squash mixture, in batches, until smooth. If sauce is thicker than desired, whirl in a little more broth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This