Just like "Olive Garden" Fettuccine Alfredo
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 pound(s) fettuccine
- 1 1/2 cup(s) milk
- 1 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup(s) grated Romano cheese
- 6 jumbo egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) parsley flakes
- Salt and cracked pepper
- 1. Cook the fettuccine according to the package directions.
- 2. Heat the milk and cream in a large, heavy saucepan until the mixture comes to a simmer.
- 3. Slowly whisk in the cheeses and then remove from the heat.
- 4. Place the egg yolks in a bowl and slowly whisk in a portion of the hot milk and cream mixture.
- 5. Slowly pour the egg yolk mixture back into the milk and cream mixture in the pan.
- 6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7. Add the cooked fettuccine to the saucepan. Sprinkle in the garlic powder and stir until the sauce thickens to the desired consistency.
- 8. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by hartze14 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note