Absolutley delicious! I used this on a roast chicken. Loved the bit of heat from the pepper flakes. The juices from the chicken made great flavored gravy. Will try this next on pork.
Photo: Randy Mayor; Stylist: Cindy Barr
Juniper berries lend a piney accent to our Juniper Rub that is used as a flavor booster for grilled chicken or pork.
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: about 2 teaspoons)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 77
- Fat: 7.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Sodium: 240mg
- 2 teaspoons juniper berries
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 minced sage leaves
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Place juniper berries, peppercorns, kosher salt, crushed red pepper, and bay leaf in a coffee or spice grinder; process until finely ground. Combine juniper mixture, olive oil, sage leaves, and garlic.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note