Jungle Jeff's Scallop Seviche
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 Scotch bonnet or habanero chile, very finely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons sweet Thai chili sauce*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt**
- 2 pounds large scallops, each sliced to create 2 to 3 medallions
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Make sure scallops are completely covered by marinade. Cover and chill at least 3 hours before serving (but no more than 10 hours).
- Serve with sliced avocado and toasted bread or crackers.
- *Sweet Thai (or Asian) chili sauce is available in Asian markets or the international section of the grocery store.
- **If substituting regular salt for kosher salt, use 3/4 teaspoon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note