I will not be making this again :( it just wasn't that good. I like to make food that makes me look forward to eating and this was not good. It was pretty bland, when I think of a curry even if it's not hot I like to taste something...and this didn't deliver. I wouldn't waste the time or ingredients on this recipe. And despite the generous portion, was not as filling as other cooking light recipes.
Jungle Curry with Tofu
This Thai-style curry is free of coconut milk and shines with late-summer produce.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 26 Minutes
- Calories: 292
- Fat: 12.4g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.6g
- Protein: 13g
- Carbohydrate: 35.4g
- Fiber: 6.1g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 686mg
- Calcium: 201mg
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 (12-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups (2-inch) cut haricots verts
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 4 cups)
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into julienne strips
- 2 tablespoons green curry paste
- 1 cup organic vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 1 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Lime wedges (optional)
- 1. Cook rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 2. Place tofu on several layers of paper towels, and cover with additional paper towels. Let stand for 5 minutes, pressing down once.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add tofu; sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan; keep warm. Wipe pan clean with a paper towel. Return pan to medium-high heat. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil; swirl to coat. Add haricots verts, eggplant, and bell pepper; sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add curry paste; cook 30 seconds, stirring frequently. Add broth, soy sauce, sugar, and rind; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add reserved tofu; cook 1 minute. Place 1/2 cup rice in each of 4 shallow bowls. Top each with about 1 1/2 cups tofu mixture and 1/4 cup basil. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note