- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound fresh jumbo lump crabmeat, drained
- 1/2 cup soft breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Roasted Corn and Pickled Okra Relish
- Garnish: pickled okra pods, sliced vertically
How to Make It
Stir together first 6 ingredients; add crabmeat, and toss gently. Stir in breadcrumbs. Cover and chill mixture 30 minutes. Shape into 8 (1 1/2-inch-thick) patties.
Cook crab cakes in hot oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden.
Place skillet in oven, and bake at 375° for 5 minutes. Serve with Roasted Corn and Pickled Okra Relish.