I made this last Christmas to rave reviews. It looks gorgeous in a glass dish. Friends seemed a little skeptical since it doesn't look like a chutney or jellied sauce - but the flavors convinced them. I thought the amount of sugar might be excessive, but followed the directions exactly. The ratio was perfect - I like my cranberries a little tart to cut through all the fattiness of the traditional heavy meal.
Julie's Brandied Cranberries
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 166
- Calories from fat: 0.5%
- Protein: 0.2g
- Fat: 0.1g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 1.3mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 bag (12 oz.) fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup brandy
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded orange zest
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Discard any soft or decayed cranberries.
- 2. Mix cranberries, sugar, brandy to taste, and orange zest in an 8- or 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, until most of the liquid has evaporated, 1 to 1 1/4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Make ahead: Cover and chill up to 1 week.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per 3-tbsp. serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This