Julia Child's Stuffed Mushrooms
220 calories, 23 g fat, 70 mg cholesterol, 25 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrates, 1 g dietary fiber, 4 g protein.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 12 Large mushrooms (cremini)
- 7 tablespoon(s) Unsalted Butter divided use
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon(s) Shallots minced
- 1/2 tablespoon(s) Flour
- 1/2 cup(s) heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon(s) parsley minced
- 1/4 cup(s) swiss or gruyere cheese grated
- Remove stems from the mushrooms and reserve.
- Wash and dry mushroom caps and brush with 1 tablespoon melted butter. Arrange hollow side up in a baking dish. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash and dry mushroom stems and coarsely chop. Saute the shallots and chopped stems in remaining 6 tablespoons butter for 4-5 minutes until the pieces separate. Lower the heat and add the flour. Stir for a minute or two until thickened. Stir in cream and cook until thickened. Cool slightly, then stir in the parsley; add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Fill the mushroom caps and top each with 1 teaspoon of cheese and drizzle with any remaining butter.
- Fifteen minutes before serving, heat oven to 375 degrees. Bake in the upper third of the oven until lightly browned on top. Mushrooms can be assembled 2 to 3 hours ahead of time before baking.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by efedako and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Julia Child's Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes