Juiced-up Roast Pork
More From Southern Living
Chill: 4 Hours
Bake: 4 Hours, 30 Minutes
Stand: 10 Minutes
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh sage leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground chipotle chile powder
- 1 (5- to 6-lb.) boneless pork shoulder roast (Boston butt)
- 1. Process orange juice and next 8 ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- 2. Pierce roast with a sharp knife at 2-inch intervals. Place roast in a large zip-top plastic freezer bag; pour orange juice mixture over roast, turning to coat. Seal and chill at least 4 hours or up to 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- 3. Remove roast from marinade, reserving marinade. Place roast on a wire rack in an aluminum foil-lined roasting pan.
- 4. Bake at 450° for 30 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 300°, and bake 4 more hours or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of roast registers 150°, basting with reserved marinade every 30 minutes during first 3 hours of baking time. Let roast stand 10 minutes before slicing.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note