- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Burnt Butter Glaze
- Cream shortening in a large mixing bowl; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Sift together flour, soda, and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir well after each addition. Stir in pecans. Cover and chill at least 1 hour.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from cookie sheets, and cool on wire racks. Spoon Burnt Butter Glaze over cookies. Cool completely.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note