Joyce Alff's King Ranch Casserole
Here is a recipe I made for one of our family reunions. The reunion was in Detroit in 1982, I think, at Ken and Collette’s home. We invited Mom’s long-time family friend, Leo Boutenay (sp?) to the dinner. I never made this recipe for so many people, so I didn’t know how much green chilies to add. As it turned out, the dish was fiery hot. I think Leo and Mom took one bite and spent the rest of the evening eating just bread and drinking beer. Love, Joyce King Ran
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- 3 pound(s) cooked chicken cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 can(s) cream of chicken soup
- 1 can(s) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can(s) chopped green chilies
- 1 package(s) corn tortillas torn into pieces
- 1 pound(s) Longhorn (or Cheddar) cheese shredded
- Combine soups, chilies, broth, and chicken.
- Spray or grease bottom of casserole dish.
- Place layer of tortillas, layer of chicken mixture, and layer of cheese. Repeat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- If desired, you can put a dollop of sour cream on each serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by feagurl and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Joyce Alff's King Ranch Casserole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Casseroles