Joy's migraine muffins
Nutrition information: Serving Size: 1 muffin • Calories: 180 • Protein: 5g • Total Fat: 6g • Saturated Fat: 1g • Cholesterol: 20mg • Sodium: 130mg • Carbohydrates: 27g • Fiber: 4g
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3/4 cup(s) whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup(s) all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup(s) chia seeds
- 2 1/2 teaspoon(s) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon(s) pumpkin pie spice
- 1 whole(s) large egg
- 2 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 1/3 cup(s) maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) canned 100% pure pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup(s) skim milk
- 1/3 cup(s) raw, unsalted, hulled pumpkin seed kernels (pepitas)
- • Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a standard 12-cup muffin pan with oil spray. (If you choose to use muffin liners, use foil liners misted with oil spray to prevent the muffins from sticking to the liners.)
- • In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flours, oats, chia seeds, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- • In medium mixing bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, maple syrup and vanilla. Add the pumpkin and milk, and whisk to combine.
- • Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, and using a rubber spatula, gently fold the ingredients together until just combined. You can leave a few lumps in the batter. Stir in most of the pumpkin seeds, leaving behind a few tablespoons to sprinkle on top.
- • Divide the batter evenly among the 12 muffin cups, filling each cup about two-thirds full. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with the remaining pumpkin seeds.
- • Bake for 25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely in the muffin pan before handling.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by shannonlily2 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note