1. Prepare Beans: Place beans in a large Dutch oven; add water to depth of 2 inches above beans. Bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute; cover, remove from heat, and let stand 1 hour. Drain.
2. Cook bacon in Dutch oven over medium heat, stirring often, 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon, and drain on paper towels; reserve drippings in Dutch oven.
3. Add onion, 3 garlic cloves, and red bell pepper to hot drippings; cook, stirring often, 10 minutes or until tender.
4. Add broth, next 3 ingredients, and beans; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, 2 hours or until beans are tender.
5. Meanwhile, prepare Plantain: Pour vegetable oil to depth of 1 inch in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet; heat to 340°. Fry plantain 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Drain on paper towels.
6. Prepare Mojo: Stir together 2 garlic cloves and next 3 ingredients. Heat 1/2 cup olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes; whisk into juice mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Prepare Sofrito: Pulse 7 garlic cloves and next 3 ingredients in a food processor until finely chopped. Sauté garlic mixture in 1 Tbsp. hot olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes. Add paprika and next 3 ingredients; sauté 1 minute.
8. Spoon desired amount hot cooked rice onto individual serving plates. Top each with 1 cup black bean mixture and 1 Tbsp. Sofrito. Drizzle each with 1 Tbsp. Mojo. Sprinkle with bacon and plantain cubes.