- 1 slender baguette (1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup (1/4 lb.) shredded jack cheese
- 2 cans (4 oz. each) diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup minced sweet onion (such as Maui or Walla Walla)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- About 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- calories 140
- caloriesfromfat 42 %
- protein 5.5 g
- fat 6.6 g
- satfat 3.6 g
- carbohydrate 15 g
- fiber 1 g
- sodium 345 mg
- cholesterol 17 mg
How to Make It
Cut baguette in half horizontally.
In a bowl, mix shredded cheese, chilies, onion, sour cream, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon paprika.
Spread mixture evenly over cut sides of baguette; dust lightly with more paprika. Set, cheese mixture up, on a 14- by 17-inch baking sheet.
Broil 4 inches from heat until topping is puffy and lightly browned, about 6 minutes. For appetizers, cut into 1 1/4- to 1 1/2-inch-long pieces; to serve as a bread, cut into 3- to 4-inch sections. Serve warm.