- 2 packages (12 ounces each) Johnsonville® Original Recipe Breakfast Sausage Links, removed from casing* (*Cut sausage link end to end, about three-quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing and pull off.)
- 9 large eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups (8 ounces each) shredded 4-cheese Mexican cheese
- 1/2 cup sweet red pepper, diced
- 1/3 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups salsa or picante sauce (optional)
How to Make It
Place sausage on a 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-inch baking pan.
Bake at 375˚F for 15 to 20 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and an internal temperature of 165˚F is reached, turning once; drain and slice into 1/4-inch coins.
In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper.
Add the hash browns, sausage, cheese, sweet red pepper and green onions; mix well.
Pour into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
Bake, uncovered, at 350˚F for 65 to 70 minutes or until set and golden brown and an internal temperature of 165˚F is reached.
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Serve with salsa or picante sauce if desired.