- 2 packages (9 ounces each) JOHNSONVILLE® Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cups day-old bread, cubed
- 1 can (14 ounces) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 cup dried cranberries
How to Make It
In a skillet, cook sausage over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, chopping into small pieces.
Add onion and celery; cook and stir for 3 minutes.
Add parsley and garlic; cook and stir 2 minutes longer or until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender; drain and set aside.
Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
In another bowl, combine the broth, butter and eggs and seasonings. Pour over bread; toss to coat.
Fold in the pecans, cranberries and the sausage mixture.
Spoon into a greased 13-inch x 9-inch x 2-inch baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown and a thermometer reads 160°.