- 1 package JOHNSONVILLE® Ground Hot Italian Sausage or Links, removed from casing* *Cut sausage link end to end, about three-quarters of the way through. Flip sausage link over, grasp casing and pull off.
- 2 personal size pre-made pizza crusts (or 1, 12 inch crust)
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 cup spinach (frozen chopped, thawed and well drained)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, sliced (optional)
How to Make It
Position oven rack in center of oven and preheat to 400°F.
In a large skillet, sauté sausage, mushrooms and garlic until the meat is browned. Drain off fat and remove excess with paper towels. Always cook sausage to internal temperature of 160°F.
To skillet, add pizza sauce, oregano, basil, spinach, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook, stirring frequently, until hot.
Place pizza crust on a lightly greased baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes and remove from oven.
Spread meat mixture evenly over pizza crust.
Bake for an additional 8 to 10 minutes until cheese is bubbly. Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh basil or other fresh herbs, cut and enjoy!