- 1 pkg. (19 oz.) Johnsonville® Italian Mild Sausage Links, casings removed or 1 pkg. (16 oz.) Johnsonville® Italian All Natural Mild Ground Sausage
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 12 cups unseasoned bread stuffing, cubed
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 can (2.25 oz.) black olives, sliced & drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil, minced
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
How to Make It
In large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
Remove from skillet; set aside. In the same skillet, melt butter.
Add the celery, onion, green pepper and garlic; sauté until tender.
In a very large bowl, combine the cubed stuffing, sausage, celery mixture, cheese, olives and seasonings.
Add broth and eggs; toss to combine.
Spoon into a buttered 3-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325°F for 1 hour.
Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until lightly browned and a meat thermometer reads 160°F.