- 1 package (19 ounces) Johnsonville Mild Italian Sausage Links
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 –inch dice
- 1 1/2 cups half and half cream
- 3 cups fresh or frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 3 green onions sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped Italian parsley
How to Make It
In a skillet, prepare sausage according to package directions. Cool slightly and slice into 1/2 –inch slices.
In a soup kettle, melt butter and sauté onions until tender and lightly browned. Add flour, mix until smooth. Stir in stock, over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat, add potatoes and cook until almost tender, about 10-12 minutes. Gradually stir in cream, corn and thyme. Continue to simmer for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Do not allow to boil. Add prepared sausage, bell pepper and onions. Continue to simmer for 5-10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve and garnish with parsley.