I've used this recipe for years. Quick and easy. Always receive compliments and recipe requests.
John's Quick Antipasto
Notes: Giardiniera is a crunchy mixture of pickled vegetables. You'll find it in jars in the pickle section of the supermarket. Serve this homey appetizer with crackers or bread for scooping up the spicy sauce with the chunky mixture.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 88
- Calories from fat: 48%
- Protein: 5.6g
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Sodium: 902mg
- Cholesterol: 6.6mg
- 1 jar (16 oz.) giardiniera, drained (see notes)
- 1 jar (12 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 jar (6 oz.) whole button mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (14 oz.) pitted large black olives, drained
- 2 cans (8 oz. each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (7 1/2 oz.) water-packed tuna, drained
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- In a bowl, mix giardiniera, artichoke hearts (including marinade), mushrooms, olives, tomato sauce, tuna, and vinegar. Cover and chill to blend flavors, at least 12 hours, or up to 2 days. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note