Luxurious! I swapped brandy for the banana liqueur and these still had that syrupy caramel sweetness. We served with myrecipes New Orleans Beignets and vanilla Greek yogurt for Fat Tuesday.
John's Bananas Foster
More From Southern Living
- 4 medium-size ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup banana liqueur
- 1/2 cup rum
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1. Cut bananas in half crosswise; cut each half in half lengthwise. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add brown sugar, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
- 2. Add bananas to skillet, and remove from heat. Stir in liqueur and rum, and carefully ignite the fumes just above mixture with a long match or long multipurpose lighter. Let flames die down.
- 3. Return skillet to heat, and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until bananas are soft and curl slightly. Remove from heat. Serve banana mixture immediately over vanilla ice cream.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts