John Hammer Summer Vegetable Torte (Low Carb and Gluten free)
Community Recipe from
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 8 ounce(s) mushrooms sliced
- 3 zucchini sliced
- 2 red peppers sliced
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese softened
- 6 log(s) large eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) half-and-half
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon(s) basil chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 cup(s) swiss cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bush botom and sides of a 9 -inch springform pan with oil. Line bottom with parchment and brush parchment with oil. Wrap outside of pan with aluminum foil.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, mushrooms, zucchini, and fresh peppers, if using. Saute until vegetaables are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beatcream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs until combined (9t's ok if it's a little lumpy). Beat in half and half. Stir in garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon to drain of liquid, add sauteed vegetables to egg mixture. Add shredded cheese. Stir with a rubber spatula to combine.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan and set pan on baking sheet. Bake for 1 1/2-103/4 hours or until top is puffy and golden brown and the ceter no longer jiggles when shaken. Temove from oven and let cool 10 minutes in pan, then run a sharp knife around edges of torta to loosen. Gently remove pan sides. Serve warm, room temperature, or cold.
- Serves 8 (large slics). Each serving has 8.25g of carbs and 1.5g of fiber.
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/592144854136650/ - Healthy Weight Loss Tips for healthy recipes, weight loss support and more
This recipe is a personal recipe added by blackkittymagic and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes