John Hammer Summer Vegetable Torte (Low Carb and Gluten free)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 8 ounce(s) mushrooms sliced
- 3 zucchini sliced
- 2 red peppers sliced
- 8 ounce(s) cream cheese softened
- 6 log(s) large eggs
- 1/4 cup(s) half-and-half
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon(s) basil chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 cup(s) swiss cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bush botom and sides of a 9 -inch springform pan with oil. Line bottom with parchment and brush parchment with oil. Wrap outside of pan with aluminum foil.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, mushrooms, zucchini, and fresh peppers, if using. Saute until vegetaables are just tender, about 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beatcream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs until combined (9t's ok if it's a little lumpy). Beat in half and half. Stir in garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Using a slotted spoon to drain of liquid, add sauteed vegetables to egg mixture. Add shredded cheese. Stir with a rubber spatula to combine.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan and set pan on baking sheet. Bake for 1 1/2-103/4 hours or until top is puffy and golden brown and the ceter no longer jiggles when shaken. Temove from oven and let cool 10 minutes in pan, then run a sharp knife around edges of torta to loosen. Gently remove pan sides. Serve warm, room temperature, or cold.
- Serves 8 (large slics). Each serving has 8.25g of carbs and 1.5g of fiber.
- https://www.facebook.com/groups/592144854136650/ - Healthy Weight Loss Tips for healthy recipes, weight loss support and more
This recipe is a personal recipe added by blackkittymagic and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note