John Elway's Chocolate Brownies
Community Recipe from
- 1 whole(s) ingredients below
- • ½ cup all-purpose flour
- • ¼ tsp. baking powder
- • ½ cup butter, cubed
- • ½ cup cocoa
- • ¼ tsp. coffee extract
- • 2 eggs
- • ¼ tsp. salt
- • ¼ tsp. vanilla extract
- • ½ cup sugar
- • ½ cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- • Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- • Chocolate or caramel sauce (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º. Sift together flour and baking powder; set aside.
- 2. Combine butter, cocoa and coffee extract in heat-proof bowl over simmering water, stirring until melted; set aside to cool.
- 3. Beat eggs, salt, vanilla and sugars on low speed with electric mixer until thickened; gradually add cocoa mixture. Gently fold flour mixture into batter. Spread in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until top is beginning to puff and center is just set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 4. Cut brownies into 12 squares. When ready to serve, rewarm brownies in oven at 350º for 1 minute, or microwave on high 10 to 15 seconds. Top with vanilla ice cream and chocolate and caramel sauces if desired. Serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TBoroczk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
John Elway's Chocolate Brownies Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Desserts
More Recipes for Main Dishes