Community Recipe from
- 2 pound(s) ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon(s) garlic minced
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 2 stalk(s) celery chopped
- 2-3 15-1/2 cans beans drained and rinsed
- 28 ounce(s) can diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce(s) can tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 tablespoon(s) sugar
- 1-1/4 tablespoon(s) chili powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried basil
- 1 bay leaf
- Brown ground beef, onion and garlic in skillet; drain. Combine with remaining ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low 8 hours. Discard bay leaf before serving.
- "I like to make this a day in advance for the spices to mingle."
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Melrose1954 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Joan`s Chili Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes