- 2 (16-ounce) packages Hot Flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 16 ounces (4 cups) shredded sharp Cheddar or Jalapeno Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped seeded fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375° F. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl; stir well. Form into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet; bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve with cocktail forks or toothpicks.
Note: Cheese Balls may be prepared ahead and frozen uncooked. To bake from frozen: thaw on baking sheet 15 minutes; bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Variation: For firmer texture, add 3 cups baking mix and 2 cups shredded cheese to ingredients listed above. May replace fresh jalapenos with canned.