- 1 pkg. Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage
- 1 1/2 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups salsa, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 red, yellow or green bell peppers
How to Make It
Combine sausage, rice, 1 cup of the salsa and 1 cup of the cheese and salt in a large bowl.
Remove tops from bell peppers; discard tops, seeds and membranes. If necessary, cut thin slice from bottom of each pepper so it can stand upright. Stuff peppers with sausage mixture.
Spray a 5 to 6 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Pour remaining ½ cup salsa into bottom of slow cooker. Stand peppers upright in cooker; cover. Cook on low setting for 4-5 hours or until peppers are tender.
Remove cover; sprinkle tops with ½ cup remaining cheese. Cover; cook 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Carefully lift out peppers with slotted spoon using tongs support peppers.