Jimmy Dean Maple Sausage Pillows
- 1 package Maple Flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup finely chopped apple
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped orange zest
- 2 (17.3-ounce) packages frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (optional)
- 2 to 4 tablespoons powdered sugar (optional)
- Orange slices and fresh mint for garnish (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook sausage and onion, stirring frequently, until meat is finely crumbled and no longer pink and onion is translucent; remove from heat. Stir in apple, raisins, spices, maple syrup and orange zest; add pine nuts if desired. Preheat oven to 375° F. Unfold a pastry sheet and cut each into 3 equal strips lengthwise, then cut each strip into 3 squares for a total of 9 squares per sheet. Before filling each square, press to enlarge slightly. Place a slightly rounded tablespoon of sausage mixture in the center of each square; brush edges of pastry with water. Fold dough over filling to create a triangle, pressing the edges to seal. Repeat with remaining pastry and filling. Bake on an ungreased baking sheet 18 minutes, or until dough puffs and turns golden brown.
Optional garnishes: Dust with powdered sugar; decorate serving platter with orange slices and mint leaves.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note