- 2 packages Maple Flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2/3 cup tart baking apple, peeled and coarsely grated
- 16 ounces shredded mild Cheddar cheese
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375° F. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl; stir well. Form into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet; bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve with cocktail forks or toothpicks.
Note: Sausage Balls may be prepared ahead and frozen uncooked. To bake from frozen. thaw on baking sheet 15 minutes; bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Variation: For firmer texture, add 3 cups baking mix and 2 cups shredded cheese to the ingredients listed above.
Note: To toast pecans, stir constantly in a small dry skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.