Jimmy Dean Italian Sausage Cheese Balls
- 2 packages Italian Flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 16 ounces (4 cups) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Drain and press spinach to remove excess liquid. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl; stir well. Form into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased baking sheet; bake 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven; allow to cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Serve with cocktail forks or toothpicks.
Note: Italian Sausage Cheese Balls may be prepared ahead and frozen uncooked. To bake from frozen, thaw on baking sheet 15 minutes; bake in preheated oven 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Variation: For firmer texture, add 3 cups baking mix and 2 cups shredded mozzarella to the ingredients listed above.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Appetizers