- 1 package Regular Flavor Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon naturally brewed soy sauce
- 6-inch wooden skewers
- Indonesian Peanut Sauce (optional; recipe, below)
- Greenleaf lettuce (optional)
- Finely crushed peanuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro (optional)
- Shredded sweetened coconut (optional)
How to Make It
Prepare Sausage Skewers: Preheat oven to 400° F. In a mixing bowl, combine sausage, spices and soy sauce; stir with a fork to blend thoroughly. Divide meat into 1-ounce meatballs; use fingers to shape mixture into 3- x 1-inch slabs about 1/2-inch thick thick. Bake on a cookie sheet 8 minutes; cool slightly before skewering. Slide a skewer lengthwise into the center of each strip of meat.
To serve, either arrange satays on a bed of lettuce leaves with optional Indonesian dipping sauce in a separate bowl, or brush sauce on warm satays, arrange on a platter and sprinkle with finely crushed peanuts, shredded coconut and/or chopped cilantro.
Indonesian Peanut Sauce: Combine 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter, 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion, 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil and 1 tablespoon naturally brewed soy sauce in a small mixing bowl; stir well. Using a fork or small whisk, gradually add 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk, stirring constantly.