"Recipe for jicama slaw comes from 1960s book" by Michael Hastings. Winston-Salem Journal: Wednesday, July 31, 2013. Recipe Swap. Recipe contributed by Linda Diorio: 1960 edition o the 12-volume Women's Day Encyclopedia of Cooking.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 whole(s) jicama, peeled and grated
- 2 cup(s) of packaged slaw mix
- 1 can(s) of mandarin oranges, draned; reserve the juice
- 1/4 cup(s) mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoon(s) cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 8 scallions, sliced
- 1. Place jicama, slaw mix, oranges and sliced scallions in a large bowl.
- 2. Mix 1/4 cup of mandarin orange juice, vinegar, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Pour over slaw mixture and toss well.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note