- 2 carrots, peeled and julienned
- 1 small jicama (about 1 1/4 lbs.), peeled and julienned
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored and very thinly sliced
- 1/4 head red cabbage, cored and very thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, halved lengthwise and very thinly sliced lengthwise, rinsed, and patted dry
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chile flakes
- calories 142
- caloriesfromfat 63 %
- protein 1.3 g
- fat 10 g
- satfat 1.4 g
- carbohydrate 12 g
- fiber 4.8 g
- sodium 306 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
At home: Put cut vegetables in a large resealable plastic bag. Keep, chilled, up to 2 days.
At home: Combine oil, vinegar, lime juice, minced cilantro, salt, pepper, sugar, chili powder, and chile flakes in a small resealable plastic bag or container. Keep, chilled, up to 2 days.
At campsite: Add dressing to vegetables, shake to combine well, and let sit 15 minutes, stirring 2 or 3 times. Serve garnished with cilantro, if you like.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.