This is one of my favorite recipes. Have used it to feed a group as well as for just my husband and I. Rave reviews every time.
Jicama Salad with Chili-Spiced Chicken
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Lydia DeGaris-Pursell
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 307
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 28.8g
- Carbohydrate: 26.3g
- Fiber: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 66mg
- Iron: 2.8mg
- Sodium: 427mg
- Calcium: 87mg
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into strips
- Cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cups (1/8-inch) julienne-cut peeled jicama (about 3/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven at 375°.
- Arrange tortilla strips in a single layer on a baking sheet; coat strips with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 8 minutes or until toasted.
- Combine chili powder, cumin, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add chicken, turning to coat on both sides. Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 7 minutes on each side or until done. Cool.
- Cut chicken diagonally into 1/4-inch slices. Combine 1/4 teaspoon salt, juice, oil, and honey in a medium bowl. Add jicama, cilantro, and tortilla strips; toss well. Divide salad evenly among 4 plates; top with chicken. Garnish with lime wedges, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This