I thought this was a great salad, very authentic! It had wonderful summer flavors. My supper club loved it along with fish tacos. Will definitely make this one again!
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Lydia E. DeGaris
This Jicama salad recipe is a quick and easy summer side. One online reviewer says, "I thought this was a great salad, very authentic! It had wonderful summer flavors."
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 1 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 70
- Calories from fat: 4%
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 17g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.6mg
- Sodium: 156mg
- Calcium: 45mg
- 4 oranges
- 2 cups (1/2-inch) julienne-cut peeled jicama
- 1 cucumber (about 1/2 pound), peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 2 cups cubed peeled cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili powder
- Peel and section oranges over a bowl; squeeze membranes to extract juice. Set sections aside; reserve 1/4 cup orange juice. Discard membranes.
- Place the orange sections, jicama,and next 5 ingredients (jicama through mint) in a large bowl. Combine the reserved orange juice, fresh lime juice, salt, and chili powder. Pour juice mixture over jicama mixture, and toss gently. Cover and chill 2 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note