This is a terrific recipe, but it tasted better the next day. I would add the fruit to the dressing right away rather than wait until right before serving.
Jicama, Radish and Mango Salad
Photo: Andrew McCaul; Styling: Lynn Miller
Yield: Serves 8
Cost per Serving: $.96
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 87
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 93mg
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 medium jicama (about 1 lb.)
- 8 medium radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium ripe but firm mango, diced
- Large Boston lettuce leaves, for serving, optional
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 Tbsp. lime juice, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk in oil and shallot.
- 2. Using a sharp knife, cut ends off jicama and peel by cutting from top to bottom. Cut jicama into matchstick-size pieces and toss with remaining 1 tsp. lime juice.
- 3. Just before serving, add jicama, radishes and mango to bowl with dressing. Toss well to coat. Line a serving platter with lettuce leaves, if desired, and pile salad in center. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note