Jicama, Cucumber, and Pineapple Salad (Pico de Gallo)
NOTES: You can prepare step 1 up to 2 hours ahead. Cover and chill vegetable platter.
Yield: MAKES: About 12 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 39
- Calories from fat: 7%
- Protein: 0.6g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 9.6g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Sodium: 99mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 pound peeled jicama
- 1 rinsed cucumber (12 oz.)
- 1 pound peeled and cored fresh pineappple
- 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or ground ancho chile
- 1. Cut jicama, cucumber, and pineapple into sticks or slices about 2 inches long and 1/2 inch thick. Arrange on a platter. Squeeze lime over vegetables and fruit.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix cayenne, paprika (or ground dried ancho chile), and salt. Sprinkle half the mixture over vegetables and fruit. Offer lime wedges and remaining chile salt to add to taste.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Jicama, Cucumber, and Pineapple Salad (Pico de Gallo) Recipe at a Glance