- 1 large jicama, peeled and cut into julienne strips
- 1 head green cabbage, cored and finely shredded
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
How to Make It
Toss first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Let stand, covered, 30 minutes.
Grate rind from lime, and squeeze juice to measure 3 tablespoons. Stir together rind, juice, cumin, cayenne, and mayonnaise in a small bowl. Add to cabbage mixture, and toss well. Toss in cilantro.