Jeweled Green Beans
Photo: Laurie Black; Styling: Chelsea Fuss
More From Coastal Living
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 6 thick bacon slices, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover in an 8-quart soup pot 8 minutes or until tender. Drain, and set aside.
- 2. Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp; remove bacon from skillet with a slotted spoon, reserving 3 tablespoons drippings in pan, and drain bacon on paper towels. Set aside.
- 3. Sauté bell peppers and onion in hot bacon drippings 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Whisk in vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until sugar dissolves.
- 4. Toss reserved green beans with bell pepper mixture, and transfer to a serving dish. Sprinkle with reserved bacon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables