- 2 1/4 cups gingersnap cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 pound white chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Candied Cranberries (optional)
- Pistachio Crunch (optional)
- Combine gingersnap crumbs and melted butter; stir well. Press crumb mixture into bottom and 1" up sides of a 10" springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 300°.
- Bring whipping cream to a simmer in a saucepan. Remove from heat and pour over chocolate in a large bowl. Stir mixture with a rubber spatula until smooth. Let cool.
- Beat cream cheese at high speed of an electric mixer until creamy. Add sugar; beat well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Fold in chocolate mixture. Stir in vanilla. Pour batter into prepared crust.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 8 hours. Remove sides of pan. If desired, decorate cheesecake with Candied Cranberries and Pistachio Crunch.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Desserts