Wonderful recipe for the family rotation. Easy, tasty and great left overs for weekday lunch.
Jessa's Turkey & Bean Crockpot Chili
If Cooking On High:: 3 Hours
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/4 pound(s) ground turkey
- 1/2 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 2 medium zucchini chopped
- 1 can(s) kidney beans drained & rinsed
- 1 can(s) pinto beans drained & rinsed
- 1 can(s) black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 can(s) chili beans undrained
- 1 can(s) Mexican style sliced & stewed tomatoes undrained
- 2 cup(s) beef broth
- 1 package(s) taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1/2 - 1 can(s) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 1 cup(s) sour cream
- 1 cup(s) shredded cheddar cheese
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat a little vegetable oil (about 1 tablespoon) over med-high heat. Add your ground turkey, onion, and green pepper. Cook until your turkey is browned, (around 10 minutes) stirring occasionally.
- While your turkey is busy cooking, drain and rinse your kidney, pinto, and black beans. Add to crockpot. Top this off with your tomatoes (they can be cut up into bite size pieces if preferred), tomato paste, seasonings, and beef broth.
- Once your turkey is browned, drain and add to the crockpot. Using the same skillet, add a little more veggie oil and cook your zucchini until lightly browned (close to 5 minutes) then gracefully add to your already yummy-looking chili fest.
- You've got everything in the pot, so stir it up and set it to low heat for 5-6 hours. Need it quicker? Pump it up to high and you should be set in around 3!
- When served, top with a little sour cream and plenty of that cheddar! I love to cook up a batch of jiffy corn muffins, and bury one in each bowl. It's amazinggggggg.
- **my husband and i are totally into spicy foods, so i use a packet of hot taco seasoning and sometimes add a few jalapenos if i have them!
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TAC0queen and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note