Read along to find out how to prepare fresh Jerusalem artichokes. They're easy, and delicious.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds Jerusalem artichokes
- To Clean: Wash thoroughly; peel and rinse well. Artichokes may be left whole, cut into thin slices, or cubed, as directed in recipe. Drop into lightly acidulated water (juice of 1 lemon to 1 quart of water); drain.
- quart of water); drain. To Boil: Cook artichokes in boiling salted water to cover 10 minutes or until tender. Drain; cool.
- Other Cooking Methods: Parboil, then batter and deep-fry; saute.
- Serving Suggestions: Jerusalem artichokes may be served with any of the following: Drawn Butter, Horseradish Sauce, Lemon-Butter Sauce, or any hollandaise or white sauce. They may be thinly sliced and served raw in salads or as a substitute for water chestnuts
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note