- 1 medium onion coarsely chopped
- 3 fresh green chilis chopped
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 teaspoon(s) Jerk seasoning (dry)
- Press Tofu:
- Place the whole cakes of tofu between two flat plates or baking pans. weight the top with a heavy object, such as a book or a can, so that the sides of the tofu bulge slightly but don't split. Let stand for a least 30 minutes.
- Prepare the Jerk Sauce:
- Combine all jerk sauce ingredients in a food processor or blender and purée until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain the pressed tofu and cut each cake into three slices.
- Stack the slices and then cut through all three layers on the two diagonals, making an X. This will make 12 triangular pieces from each block of tofu.
- Gently toss the tofu triangles in the jerk marinade and place them in an unoiled 8 x 12-inch nonreactive baking dish.
- Bake for 1 hour, carefully turning the tofu about every 20 minutes.
- Serve with Caribbean stew and brown rice.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by mambaza and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Jerk Tofu Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables