this was fantastic.........easy to make and tasted great!!! I used 1/2 sweet smoked paprika and 1/2 hot paprika. will def make this again. Can't wait to try the seasoning with chicken as well.
Jerk Shrimp with Grilled Onion, Avocado, and Mango Salsa
Spicy Jamaican jerk seasoning gives this grilled shrimp recipe a hot kick. Pair with our Caribbean-inspired mango salsa to help cool your taste buds.
Yield: Makes 4 servings
- 1 mango, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 avocado, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds unpeeled large raw shrimp
- 1 red onion, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Jamaican Jerk Rub
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a medium bowl, and set salsa aside.
- Peel shrimp, leaving tails on; devein. Toss shrimp and onion with oil in a large bowl, sprinkle with Jamaican Jerk Rub, and toss to coat. Grill shrimp and onion over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 6 minutes, or just until shrimp turn pink, turning once. Chop onion and add to salsa mixture, stirring gently. Serve shrimp with salsa.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes