I love this recipe! Easy to throw together & always a crowd pleaser. Although it's suggest to use with chicken, I often use it with shrimp, just marinate it 2 - 4 hours instead of overnight. Also, to tone down the heat, I use sereno peppers instead, or mix & match habanaros w/ jalapenos.
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 Scotch bonnet chiles* or habaneros, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Pulse all ingredients in a food processor into a loose paste. Put chicken in a 9- by 13-in. nonreactive baking dish and slather with mixture all over and under the skin.
- *Scotch bonnets, which are similar to habaneros, are extremely hot. We advise wearing rubber gloves when preparing either of them.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments