- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 Scotch bonnet chiles* or habaneros, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
How to Make It
Pulse all ingredients in a food processor into a loose paste. Put chicken in a 9- by 13-in. nonreactive baking dish and slather with mixture all over and under the skin.
*Scotch bonnets, which are similar to habaneros, are extremely hot. We advise wearing rubber gloves when preparing either of them.