Jerk Grilled Chicken
Prep: 25 min., Chill: 8 hr., Grill: 1 hr., Stand: 10 min. For extra spice, use 2 jalapeño peppers instead of 1.
Yield: Makes 6 servings
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeÃ±o pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 1/2 tablespoons Jamaican jerk seasoning, divided
- 3/4 cup HELLMANN'S or Best Foods Real Mayonnaise
- 1 (3 1/2-pound) cut-up whole chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Process first 5 ingredients and 3 tablespoons jerk seasoning in a food processor 15 seconds or until blended, using the metal blade. Add mayonnaise, and pulse 5 times or until blended.
- 2. Rub mayonnaise mixture over chicken. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours.
- 3. Light one side of grill, heating to 400° to 450° (high) heat; leave other side unlit. Sprinkle chicken with salt, pepper, and remaining 1 1/2 tablespoons jerk seasoning. Place chicken over unlit side of grill, and grill, covered with grill lid, 45 minutes to 1 hour or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 170°. Transfer chicken to a serving platter; cover loosely with aluminum foil, and let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes