- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup spiced rum or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons jerk sauce (such as Pickapeppa Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- calories 542
- caloriesfromfat 10 %
- fat 6 g
- satfat 1 g
- cholesterol 66 mg
- sodium 357 mg
- carbohydrate 73 g
- fiber 11 g
- sugars 7 g
- protein 40 g
How to Make It
Cook the rice according to the package directions.
Combine the vinegar, rum, jerk sauce, and ginger in a measuring cup or small bowl; set aside.
Pound the chicken to an even thickness. Season it with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat and add the vinegar mixture. Return the skillet to low heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Divide the chicken and sauce among plates.
Stir the beans into the rice. In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple and scallions. Serve both with the chicken.
Tip: The chili peppers in jerk sauce shouldn't overwhelm the other ingredients. Taste yours before adding it to a dish. If the sauce is too spicy, cut the amount you use in the recipe by half.