Definitely marinate for longer. Honestly, while we like the chicken the stuffed peppers were the big hit. I'll be making the peppers again
Jerk Chicken and Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers
For a great tasting weeknight dinner with lots of bold flavor, try Jerk Chicken and Stuffed Mini Bell Peppers. The mini bell peppers will be a big hit, and the creamy filling will help tame the heat of the jerk chicken.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 340
- Fat: 17.9g
- Saturated fat: 5.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 30.2g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 1.6g
- Cholesterol: 132mg
- Iron: 2.1mg
- Sodium: 363mg
- Calcium: 67mg
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 large serrano chile, stemmed
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 8 mini bell peppers
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat. After preheating, reduce one side to low.
- 2. Combine 1/4 cup green onions, 1/4 cup shallots, sugar, 2 tablespoons juice, oil, allspice, garlic, and serrano in a mini food processor; process until smooth. Combine half of onion mixture and chicken in a medium bowl; toss well. Sprinkle with salt.
- 3. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Cover and grill 5 minutes on each side. Move chicken over low heat. Cover and grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Brush chicken with remaining onion mixture.
- 4. Combine remaining green onions, remaining shallots, remaining juice, cheese, cilantro, and sour cream. Halve bell peppers lengthwise; discard seeds. Divide cheese mixture evenly among pepper halves. Place peppers on grill rack coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Grill 7 minutes or until peppers are lightly charred.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note