- 1/3 cup sliced green onions, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped shallots, divided
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 large serrano chile, stemmed
- 8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinned
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 8 mini bell peppers
- calories 340
- fat 17.9 g
- satfat 5.9 g
- monofat 8.8 g
- polyfat 2.2 g
- protein 30.2 g
- carbohydrate 14 g
- fiber 1.6 g
- cholesterol 132 mg
- iron 2.1 mg
- sodium 363 mg
- calcium 67 mg
How to Make It
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. After preheating, reduce one side to low.
Combine 1/4 cup green onions, 1/4 cup shallots, sugar, 2 tablespoons juice, oil, allspice, garlic, and serrano in a mini food processor; process until smooth. Combine half of onion mixture and chicken in a medium bowl; toss well. Sprinkle with salt.
Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Cover and grill 5 minutes on each side. Move chicken over low heat. Cover and grill 5 minutes on each side or until done. Brush chicken with remaining onion mixture.
Combine remaining green onions, remaining shallots, remaining juice, cheese, cilantro, and sour cream. Halve bell peppers lengthwise; discard seeds. Divide cheese mixture evenly among pepper halves. Place peppers on grill rack coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Grill 7 minutes or until peppers are lightly charred.